Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
ONLINE TALENT PORTAL
IMPORTANT--READ CAREFULLY: These Terms and Conditions are a legal contract between either an individual or a single business entity (“You”) and ITA , Inc., ("Host") for the use of Host’s online career center (“Site”). Any individual or entity that uses any aspect of the Site may also be referred to as the (“User”).
USERS WHO VIOLATE THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY HAVE THEIR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE SUSPENDED OR TERMINATED, AT THE DISCRETION OF ITA . We reserve the right to deactivate or suspend use of Service for any reason.
The Site includes computer software and, as applicable, associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation (collectively, the "Service").
BY REGISTERING FOR A JOB POSTING OR CAREER SEMINAR, BY MAKING A PURCHASE THROUGH THE SITE, OR BY OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICE, YOU ARE SPECIFICALLY CONSENTING TO THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO ITA AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND TERMINATION PROVISIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE AND EXIT NOW.
All information submitted through the Service is publicly accessible. You must protect important and private information; we are not liable for protection of privacy of electronic mail or other information transferred through the internet or any other network provider that you may use.
By submitting any material to Service, such as by posting a job listing or resume, you are thereby granting to us a non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute, modify and create derivative works from such material and to use such material and the fact of your authorship of it for marketing purposes.
By using the Service, you certify that the information you provide is accurate and pertains only to you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may be assigned. Your password may not be shared with any other person.
Our network resources may not be used to impersonate another person or misrepresent authorization to act on behalf of others or us. All messages transmitted through the Site should correctly identify the sender; you may not alter the attribution of origin in electronic mail messages or posting.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS, WHERE IS,” AS AN ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ITA , TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ITA MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE.
(b) WITHOUT LIMITATION ON THE FOREGOING:
(1) ITA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND THEIR SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE RESULTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, ITA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
(2) ITA makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any Documents posted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by Users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on Documents posted by Users, or on any other form of communication with Users, will be at your own risk.
(3) ITA makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Site, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
(4) ITA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICES OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICES IN MEETING YOUR EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES. ITA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATES BEING HIRED, POSITIONS BEING FILLED OR EMPLOYEES BEING RETAINED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS, EMPLOYMENT, HIRING AND/OR SALARY DECISIONS, FOR WHATEVER REASON MADE, MADE BY YOU.
FURTHER, USERS OF THIS SITE UNDERSTAND THAT ITA IS NOT AN EMPLOYER, DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION POSTED BY EMPLOYERS ON THIS SITE AND ITA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS, FOR WHATEVER REASON, MADE BY ANY ENTITY POSTING JOBS ON THE SITE.
No user of the Service may:
(1) Take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the Site's infrastructure;
(2) Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity being conducted on the Site;
(3) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or making up the Site;
(4) Delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity, or
(5) Frame or link to any of the materials or information available from or posted on this Site without written authorization from ITA , other than those specifically authorized.
THIS PROHIBITED USE APPLES TO AGGREGATED JOB BOARD WEBSITES. ITA WILL EXERCISE ITS RIGHT TO CIVIL PROSECUTION AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE UNDER THE LAW AGAINST ANY USERS BELIEVED TO BE USING THIS SITE IN A PROHIBITED MANNER.
OTHER SPECIFIC TERMS REGARDING SITE USAGE
If you submit any information to Service, you agree not to:
(1) Post or transmit anything that is defamatory, abusive, libelous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, or harmful, or that could encourage criminal or unethical behavior;
(2) Post or transmit pyramid schemes or chain letters or conduct gambling;
(3) Post or transmit anything that violates the copyright or intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
(4) Post or transmit a virus or any other harmful component;
(5) Contact other Site users through unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or any other method of communication; or
(6) Attempt to sell, promote or advertise products or services of any kind, nor solicit payment from any Users of this Site.
When retrieving information from Service, you are prohibited from:
(1) Using or attempting to use spiders, robots, avatars, intelligent agents, or any other extraction or navigation search except for a normal browser;
(2) Aggregating, copying or duplicating any of the materials or information available from the Service except for the small amount of materials and information temporarily required for an ordinary single use of the Site, or
(3) Accessing data not intended for such user.
Should you decide to submit, enter or transmit through use of the Service information or materials of any kind, you are responsible for ensuring that you may do so and that such information and materials may be accessed, used, copied, distributed and adapted by other users of the Service (including Host or its host providers) without liability or restriction. You are responsible for making sure all information and materials that you originate or require are properly backed up so you have ready access thereto in the event of loss, corruption or interruption.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO EMPLOYERS
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your employer account or Your employer account is terminated, all Your account information from ITA , including saved resumes, network contacts, and email mailing lists, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from ITA 's database regardless of whether such information remains available for a period of time due to delays in managing the server.
In order to protect our Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, ITA reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which an employer may send to job seekers to a number deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of ITA . You shall use the Site’s Networking and Profiles in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. Job postings shall not:
- Be misleading, false or inaccurate;
- Contain more than one job description, position, location or job category (unless the previously authorized by this Site to do so);
- Solicit material or information from anyone under the age of 18 or contain links that exploit people in a sexual, violent or other manner that is deemed derogatory by ITA .
You shall also post jobs in a manner that complies with all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, including but not limited to laws related to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, date privacy and access, intellectual property and employment eligibility requirements.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO JOB SEEKERS
When you register with this Site, You will be asked to create an account and provide ITA with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (Your "Information").
Any Profile you submit must be accurate and describe you, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed and you may not include non-solicited information in these fields such as alternative means of contact.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on this Site.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your ITA account or Your account is terminated, all Your account information, including but not limited to resumes, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from the database regardless of whether such information remains available for a period of time due to delays in managing the server. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
ITA reserves the right to delete your account and all of Your Information after 60 days of inactivity.
ITA INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
This Site as a whole is copyrighted as a collective work, and individual works appearing on or accessible through this Site are likewise subject to copyright protection. You agree to honor the copyrights in this Site (including the selection, coordination and arrangement of the contents of this Site) and in the works available on or through this Site. You may download and maintain single copies of designated materials for your personal use only or as directed in any partnership/affiliate agreement.
In addition, trademarks and trade dress belonging to us or to others appear on or are accessible through this Site. The fact that we have permitted you access to this Site does not constitute authorization to reproduce our trademarks or trade dress for any other purpose.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS REGARDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
ITA respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner’s rights.
As a condition to your use of the ITA Site, You agree not to use any ITA Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. ITA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the accounts of any Users, and block any User’s access to the Site with or without notice, and without any liability to the User who is terminated or to the User whose access is blocked, if the User infringes the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, please contact ITA as set forth in the paragraph below.
If you believe that your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to the ITA Site and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact ITA at mailing address, Email or by phone:
Address: 130 W. Pershing Road, #200
Kansas City, MO 64108
Email: weber@ITA .com
You shall be charged if, and as, indicated by this Site. If you are located outside of the United States, you may only pay in U.S. currency. You waive all claims relating to charges you incur unless claimed within 60 days after the charge. You agree that you will not cancel credit card charges unless such payment was unauthorized by the cardholder. Refunds (if any) are at the sole discretion of ITA . You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to ITA may be shared by ITA with companies who work on ITA ’s or your behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to ITA and servicing your account. ITA may also share such information in response to valid legal process, such as subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims. ITA shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information by such third parties. All withholding tax remittances (if any) to the government are the User’s sole responsibility and ITA shall have no liability whatsoever. You shall pay for any taxes that may apply in addition to charges quoted by ITA , either at the time of purchase or at a later date subject to the sole discretion of ITA . You are responsible for paying all taxes and government charges, and all reasonable expenses and attorney fees ITA incurs collecting late payments.
DAMAGE LIMITATIONS, ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY & EQUITABLE RELIEF
You assume all liabilities and risks associated with your interaction with individuals you come in to contact with through the usage of Service. We do not have the means to ensure that everyone is who they claim to be. We make no guarantees as to the legitimacy or accuracy of any job postings, resumes, profile or any type of postings through our web Sites. Therefore you agree to release Host from liability resulting from any damages or occurrences resulting from the usage of our web Site or services, or those of our partners.
IN NO EVENT SHALL HOST BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES TO YOU FOR ANY DEFICIENCY, ERROR OR INTERRUPTION IN THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY DEFICIENCY OR ERROR SHALL BE TO REQUEST THAT HOST CORRECTS THE MATTER OR, IF HOST FAILS TO DO SO, TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE AT YOUR OPTION.
You agree to accept sole responsibility for any use of internet facilities conducted or permitted by you; the conduct of any business, advertising, marketing or sales in connection therewith; and any negligent or illegal act or omission of you or your agents, contractors, servants, employees, or other users or accessees.
These terms shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with Federal law and the laws of the State of Missouri, excluding its laws relating to conflicts of laws.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ITA (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Site, any Document posted by you, your use of the Services or your breach of this Agreement. ITA shall use reasonable efforts to provide you with prompt notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and may assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
This Site is operated by ITA , Inc. ITA takes your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, we provide this notice to set forth our use of information generated from this Site.
This policy covers how ITA treats personal and non-personal information collected and received through the Site. Non-personal information includes “cookies.” This policy does not govern the practices of companies that ITA does not own or control or people that ITA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
Personal Information- You may be asked to provide personal information in certain fields on this Site. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable. Examples include your name, address, e-mail address, and other information not publicly available. The personal information collected on this Site is used only for the purpose for which it is requested via the Site.
Non-Personal Information- ITA may automatically receive and record information on its server logs from your browser, including your IP address and cookies. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address may be used to gather broad demographic information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure- ITA uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged between ITA and other companies to help ensure its security. This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under ITA 's control. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.
AS A USER OF THE SITE, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THE SITE INCLUDING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE AND THE DOCUMENTS YOU POST OR ACCESS ON THIS SITE.
Additionally, although we strongly recommend that each of the other Sites to which we target our Internet banner advertisements post a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising activities on its Site, we cannot guarantee that all such Sites will follow our recommendation.
Links- ITA may create links to other websites. ITA will make a reasonable effort to link only to websites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual's right to privacy. However, many other websites that are not associated with or authorized by ITA may have links leading to ITA 's Site. ITA cannot control these links and ITA is not responsible for any content appearing on these websites. Since this Site does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party. ITA encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Contact Information. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions of use for this Site, the privacy statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site as a job seeker or Employer, you can contact ITA at:
Address: 130 W. Pershing Road, #200
Kansas City, MO 64108
Email: weber@ITA .com