Senior Project Portfolio Manager
Posted on Apr 16
An integral member of our technology team, you will manage the enterprise project portfolio including project financials, tracking and reporting individual portfolio performance and providing a real-time, comprehensive and prioritized view of all projects across the organization. You will assist in maintaining and updating the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO, including the creation, definition, implementation and maintenance of the standards of project management and process within the organization.
The primary source of documentation, guidance and financial metrics for the practice of project management, the Sr. Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for project tracking and creation of project business cases, project codes, reports, plans and budgets, ensuring they are relevant, accurate and complete.
Ideal candidates bring minimum 5+ years in PMO leadership position with 10+ years Project Management experience; MBA with finance concentration highly preferred. Must have experience with commercial PMP tools and Agile methodology.
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA with a concentration in Finance preferred.
• 5+ years PMO leadership experience and 10+ years Project Management experience, preferably with a technology organization.
• Expert and demonstrable knowledge of project management tools and techniques, including waterfall, agile and agile-hybrid experience.
• Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, including Excel functions, pivots, connecting to external data sources and ability to create complex and compound formulas.
• Experience with commercial project portfolio management tools.
• Deep experience with project financial management, financial analysis, project budgeting and forecasting.
• Experience leading portfolio prioritization and capacity planning within each business portfolio.
• Proven analytical skills, highly self-motivated, exceptional organizational skills, and flexibility in managing several tasks concurrently.
• Problem-solver mentality, with strong decision-making skills, sound judgment, and assertiveness.
• Superior oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support to the organization.
• Ability to facilitate and manage portfolio issues and risks through to appropriate resolution.
• Facilitate and manage portfolio level change control.
• Represent the Portfolio roadmap, with well-structured communication updates.
• Project management certification, PMP preferred.
• Experience with Tableau reporting software is preferred.
• Experience with PPM tool selection is desirable.