Software Project Manager
Posted on Feb 12
This role will work on a team of software developers, business analysts, quality assurance, functional design, and various members to manage project work to successful completion. This individual will be responsible for leading development discussion and overseeing customer’s needs to strive to build and maintain strong delivery as well as ensure client expectations are successfully met.
Perks of working at SWC:
•Bragging rights – Check out our Awards!
•Career development – formal mentorship programs with assigned career advocate to assist with your training and growth
•Comprehensive health and dental plans starting on Day One
•SWC pays for technical certifications
•Generous PTO and flextime schedule
•Free onsite gym, quarterly massages, yoga classes and fun group competitions and outings!
SWC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender transition, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Scrum Master, Agile, Methodology, Sprints, Facilitator, PowerPoint, PowerView, Tableau, Qlik, Balsamic, JIRA, User Experience, User Enablement, SharePoint, Net, Java, Data Visualization, Application Development, Software, Office 365, Custom Applications, Data Analytics, CRM, Cloud Strategy
- Guides, manages and assists in multiple project-level efforts to apply, roll-out, configure various changes within multiple methodologies
- Performs gap and data analysis in support of identifying improvement opportunities
- Leads meetings, creates user stories and discovery workshops for custom IT solutions
- Conducts current state assessments of business processes and supporting systems
- Acts as liaison between change requester and software development team. Addresses development team needs efficiently and effectively; creates release timelines and plans; coaches team on solution delivery and risk mitigation
- Leads, coaches and educates the team in applying concepts and principles and staying focused on quality, predictability, flow and velocity of development
- Strong leadership skills facilitating meetings with developers by providing functional clarification and setting delivery expectations with team and client while also managing budget
- Supports the projects on-time delivery, finds and eliminates impediments, actively addresses issues, and builds a high-performing, continuous improvement team environment
- Manages all time input and billing activities ensuring completion in a timely manner
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field to Computer Science, required
- Three (3) or more years of solid experience leading software development teams and coaching meetings with internal teams, required
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and demonstrate success leading multiple project teams to completion while mitigating risks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, required
- JIRA, Visio or any other project mapping tool, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A track record of managing projects within a software solutions environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, along with strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced technical environment
- Ability to solve problems, identify solutions, and appropriately escalate issues
- Must be open to local travel to the client site as needed