Posted on Feb 11
Rocket Wagon is a rapidly growing innovation firm providing emerging technology services to our clients. We are building a premier multi-disciplinary product team in Chicago and recognize that an extraordinary team is about confident and enabled people, excellent culture, and solving meaningful problems. We seek individuals who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate builders that appreciate user experience.
Do you want to work on state of the art solutions? Are you interested in using your business analysis skills to transform customer experiences, businesses, and entire industries? Are you a hands-on business analyst interested in working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial startup environment? Do you have an unquestionable dedication to the goal of building extraordinary products? If your answers are yes, this position is for you.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to lead the business and use cases, requirements, and backlog of new and innovative IoT and digital products. The majority of our work is with high-profile companies to build connected applications that span all aspects of technology and creative experience design, including hardware, firmware, web, mobile, and scalable APIs.
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter capable of translating goals into requirements, communicating value, and getting products to market. Our teams enjoy collaborating across product development, client teams, and partners to solve real business problems. If you're excited to work with a team that strives to bring ambitious products to life, we'd love to hear from you!
- You will work closely with product development teams to fully define, assemble, and understand customer goals, translate them into requirements that drive product development, and convey the business and use cases to product development team members
- Discover, develop, write, and lead requirements and updates for product themes, epics, and features
- You should work effectively with the UX/UI team to ensure appropriate design and experience outcomes per requirements
- You are comfortable facilitating agile team meetings
- You will be responsible for the ongoing backlog grooming and curation for product development and delivery guided by the product roadmap
- Planning and monitoring the execution of product development and delivery
- Assist with UAT, design, and review of test cases for epics and features, and issue creation and tracking
- Develop business and use cases with product managers and effectively communicate these to engineering and design teams
- 2-5 years in a business analyst role working with agile product teams
- You are familiar with agile management tools including Clubhouse or Jira
- Familiarity with Analytics tools including Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or Periscope Data
- Familiarity with toolsets (eg., InVision, Sketch.io) at a working level
- You have a deep understanding of business analysis principles and techniques
- Strong requirements discovery and writing skills
- Strong product backlog grooming skills
- Strong effective written and verbal communication skills
- Consistent record of success in developing business and use cases
- Experience with cost/benefit analysis
- Strong technical and/or quantitative background (e.g., statistics, applied math, computer science, engineering, data science)
- Perform competitive, market and gap analysis to help define product requirements
- Deep understanding of product development methodologies (e.g., lean, agile, kanban)
- IIBA CBAP, PMP, ASM, CSM, ACP, PSM, and/or PSK certification
- Experience in product QA and / or customer service
- Experience with Analytics tools including Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Periscope Data
- Experience in agile management tools including Clubhouse or Jira
Rocket Wagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity or expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship either now or in the future for this position.