Posted on Jan 09
ReviewTrackers is the rapidly-growing customer feedback platform trusted by tens of thousands of businesses around the world. ReviewTrackers software quantifies the customer experience, extracting data from customer reviews that allows brands to better understand their customers. We are seeking a Backend Engineer who wishes to learn new skills, contribute phenomenal things, and be the best version of themselves. Most of the work will be in Ruby but there will be opportunities to get into golang, React and React Native.
We try to balance 75% features, 25% tech debt quarter over quarter. If you love working on a collaborative, product focused team and you know your database do’s and dont’s this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING TEAM CULTURE:
- Time dedicated to discussing & POC-ing product ideas created from ALL employees, including engineering.
- Clear and defined promotion path for all engineers.
- Collaborative work environment. Our engineers are super friendly and love to help each other out!
- We regularly pull in tech-debt items to work on in sprints
Weekly 1 on 1 with manager.
- Tight-knit relationship with the Product Team & use data-driven decision making.
- Bi-weekly company wide demo day to find out what individuals throughout the company are working on.
- Monthly Engineering lunch and learns.
- Monthly happy hours and quarterly team culture events (axe throwing, movie screenings, Blackhawks games, etc).
- Weekly company wide happy hours.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1.5+ years practical use of programming in a modern programming language
- Proven object-oriented programming and functional programming design skills
- Real passion for technology and building scalable systems
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Excellent communication skills
- Participated in the architecture and design of new and existing products
- Never stopped learning, and are always ready to pick up new languages, frameworks, libraries
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: - - Ruby, Python, golang, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- Preferred experience using Ruby and PostgreSQL in a production environment
- Preferred exposure to golang
At ReviewTrackers, we foster an inclusive, dynamic, enjoyable yet challenging team environment. We value creating a team that has a diverse set of backgrounds and respect a healthy expression of diverse opinions. We encourage our team to experiment with new ideas. Come join us as we continue to change the way businesses interact with their customers. ReviewTrackers is an equal opportunity employer.