Posted on Dec 07
The VillageMD Data Engineering team is building distributed components, pipelines, and tools that enable our organization to make analytical, data-driven decisions. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We aggregate, process, and deliver rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
We built our technology by standing on the shoulders of tech giants. We leverage proven, open-source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open-source ecosystem and OHDSI. As a member of our team, you would spend time designing new data pipelines and democratizing data access at our company.
What you might do in your first year:
- Own ten projects working multi-functionally with the Physician Success and Analytics teams to design and implement best-in-class data processing enabling clean data flow directly to our data model
- Work with an HIE, engineering, analytics, and operations to design and implement an integration that streamlines our transitional care management workflows
- Design a new concept within our data model to meet a new operational or analytical need
- Build an app to send data anomalies to operations
Some examples of work that Data Engineers have done at VillageMD:
- Built and implemented a data profiling tool to reverse engineer data schemas from new data sources facilitating normalization of the data into our data model
- Built the logic to combine real-time messaging and batch query processing so there is a single, accurate source of truth from a source system
- Analyzed and designed the best ways to expand our data model to incorporate more data that’s mission critical
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience
- Experience building information pipelines utilizing Python or Java (willingness to expand knowledge of Python is required)
- High degree of comfort with relational data structures required
- Knowledge of, and/or willingness to learn, non-relational data structures and other technologies (eg Postgres, Redshift, Cassandra, - MongoDB, Neo4j, S3, etc.)
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields is required.
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do