Team Lead - Quality Assurance
Posted on Dec 06
Are you passionate about delivering new ideas with quality in continually reduced cycle times? Do you want to empower all software to be released with confidence? Would you like to have a large impact on the software used by our traders and risk managers? Are you motivated to exploring multiple testing methodologies and techniques?
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to lead a team of testers to build quality into our options market making workflows. Someone who possesses expertise in test design and execution and enthusiastically looks for opportunities to automate testing. A background in equities and derivatives trading concepts will differentiate you. Flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary to successfully drive parallel efforts across multiple projects and products.
• Lead a team to test end-to-end software solutions for trading derivative products on multiple exchanges. Testing assignments will be focused on market making applications, hedging systems, exchange routing systems, options pricing systems, and trade and position management systems.
• Lead test planning efforts including determining test coverage, testing tool, and test environment requirements
• Use automated test tools in daily work, collaborating with automation engineers to continually improve and grow test automation
• Mentor team members and introduce additional perspective on tools and techniques that could improve quality and drive down testing time
• Write test cases, executes tests, and document defects
• Report status to QA team and broader team
• Certify when software is ready for production
• Drive handoff meetings with operations teams prior to production release
• Solves issues in test environments to unblock testing efforts
• Prior trading industry experience, and knowledge of options market making a plus
• Experience leading a team and a real passion for mentoring and growing team members
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to partner across development, trading, and support organizations to accomplish shared goals
• Judgement to weigh quality, time to market, and risk when making recommendations on readiness for production
• Team management skills combined with past career experience in hands-on testing
• Working knowledge of Linux command shell
• Python or similar scripting experience
• Experience in use of SQL for data verification purposes
• Experience working in a continuous delivery, agile environment desired
• Exposure to a wide range of application architectures including back end systems with no user interface, distributed systems, and low latency / high throughput systems desired
Candidates that meet most but not all requirements will be considered.