Product Insights Associate
Posted on Dec 05
Home Chef is building new ways to navigate the booming meal kit delivery industry. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees
- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge
- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits
- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day
- Casual dress
**Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer**
In light of our ongoing merger with Kroger, we have some busy days ahead!
For this role, we’re looking for a candidate eager to get in on the ground level of building our in-store retail practice. Candidates should be independent go-getters who are just as comfortable helping to develop new products, as they are spending hours in freezers, distribution centers and grocery stores measuring performance of a new product they just helped design.
Projects for the role will vary greatly and will span everything from culinary, operations, product management and packaging design to retailer relations, supply chain and ethnographic research.
Candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity, eager to learn, data-driven, independent problem solvers eager to grow both our subscription and retail business. This role will be based in Chicago, IL with some travel.
The position is part of the Product team. Candidates with retail management experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Assist in managing the full retail product lifecycle from A-Z – product setup, recipe selection, supply chain, packaging development, food quality, logistics and related analyses
- Identify customer needs through proactive outreach including customer surveys, focus groups, ethnographic studies, user testing and other methods
- Find, test and develop data-driven new product plays, business opportunities and product improvements managing the process from ideation all the way through to rollout
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders including Operations, Supply Chain, Culinary, Marketing, Tech and
Production to identify product-related questions, test and iterate on different hypotheses and implement improvements
- Develop new methods and techniques to improve how we understand our subscription and retail customers, the meal kit industry and the broader e-commerce, retail and food space
- Maintain updated information on the competitive landscape and retail market trends
- Drive business results by injecting product and consumer insights into all aspects of the business
- Become an expert on the operations and culinary sides of the business to understand how all products are used end-to-end from sourcing to production
- Manage multiple stakeholders on projects to drive measurable impact
- Help lead development of the retail channel across the US
- Bachelor’s Degree. An advanced degree is a plus
- 1+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, CPG/FMCG, data analysis, etc.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with national retail chains and a strong knowledge of the food space
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize work streams based on value creation and alignment with the Home Chef strategy
- Exceptional Excel and Google Sheets analytics with an innate feel for numbers
- Independent self-starter inclined towards finding solutions without significant oversight
- Intellectually curious, with a strong interest in the food, e-commerce and start-up space
- Results driven active problem solver with a natural desire to get things done
- Must have a sense of urgency and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong communicator and relationship builder