Quality Engineering Lead
Posted on Oct 11
About Our Engineering Team
We believe that the best software is software that is in use, in production. We blend craftsmanship and engineering, modern techniques and proven skills, art and discipline. We choose effective practices for our teams. We ship all the time. We look for inspiration everywhere. We lead by example, owning our decisions and outcomes with a commitment to team and company.
OUR COMPANY & TEAM
What is InContext Solutions?
InContext Solutions provides cutting edge 3D simulations for the shopper insights industry. Using the latest in game technology, our products let users create life-like shopping environments to visualize and test a variety of store concepts. From signage to new product packing, to interactive displays, we allow our users to completely reimagine retail experiences.
About Our Culture & People
Our company is comprised of people who come together to build amazing products for our clients and partners – to do that, we hire forward-thinking individuals (innovators, thought leaders, disruptors, entrepreneurial-spirited folks) who actively want to contribute to our progressive culture. We live and breathe our five core values and actively recognize our peers when they go out of their way to do right by them. We #blaze the trail. We believe #change is absolutely necessary. We have the #courage to be vocal. We cultivate #trust through transparency. We are #unified.
What You Will Be Doing
The Quality Engineering Lead plays an important role in getting our software delivered and running in production. Working within one of our cross-functional teams, you will support the validation and automation efforts for our software, while working across teams to elevate our Quality Engineering practices throughout the organization. You will rely on your broad experience and knowledge, pragmatically getting things working now, while setting ourselves up for long-term success.
You will report to our VP of Engineering and will lead a team of aspiring Quality Engineers and Analysts. Using the right blend of exploratory testing, automated acceptance testing, performance tests and smoke testing, you and your staff will support our engineers and delivery teams in producing the highest quality products. You are ready to bring your experience and specialization, as we blur the lines among the team members working together to deliver quality products at an incredible pace.
What You Bring to the Table
Candidates must be ambitious and have the desire and ability to make a difference in a fast growing environment. You take quality to heart, thinking about it from the user’s point of view, and you’re willing to stand up for that quality while holding others accountable to the same high standard. You have led the quality process in an agile environment, and are ready to take it to the next level in the era of CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- Demonstrated leadership positions in QA organizations, building and managing teams
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, and experience working in an agile delivery team
- Experience testing web, enterprise, and mobile applications
- Experience managing suites of test cases, including automation, smoke tests, load tests, etc. in a C# and .NET environment
- 2+ years of experience using the open source testing tools, including Selenium and Selenium Grid, Cucumber and JMeter
- Strong analytical and logical skills with the ability to articulate ideas well to members of the engineering and product team
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to be clear and concise with all areas of the company
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Sound like you? Don’t be shy. Reach out and let’s start a conversation.