Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Oct 11
About Our Engineering Team
We believe that the best software is software that is in use, in production. We blend craftsmanship and engineering, modern techniques and proven skills, art and discipline. We choose effective practices for our teams. We ship all the time. We look for inspiration everywhere. We lead by example, owning our decisions and outcomes with a commitment to team and company.
OUR COMPANY & TEAM
What is InContext Solutions?
InContext Solutions provides cutting edge 3D simulations for the shopper insights industry. Using the latest in game technology, our products let users create life-like shopping environments to visualize and test a variety of store concepts. From signage to new product packing, to interactive displays, we allow our users to completely reimagine retail experiences.
About Our Culture & People
Our company is comprised of people who come together to build amazing products for our clients and partners – to do that, we hire forward-thinking individuals (innovators, thought leaders, disruptors, entrepreneurial-spirited folks) who actively want to contribute to our progressive culture. We live and breathe our five core values and actively recognize our peers when they go out of their way to do right by them. We #blaze the trail. We believe #change is absolutely necessary. We have the #courage to be vocal. We cultivate #trust through transparency. We are #unified.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior DevOps Engineer plays a crucial role in getting our software deployed and running in production. From creating our build and deployment infrastructure, to monitoring and alerting when things do go wrong, you will be in the middle of it all. You will rely on your broad experience and knowledge, pragmatically getting things working now, while setting ourselves up for long-term success. Working within one of our cross-functional teams, you will support the development and deployment of our systems, while working across teams to elevate our DevOps practices throughout the organization.
- Create, maintain and evolve our build and deployment infrastructure.
- Continue to move us towards an automated Continuous Delivery mindset
- Create new tools and scripts as needed to support the rapid growth of our business
- Treat the infrastructure as a product by openly contributing ideas to continually improve automation services and resiliency of our platform
- Identify innovations in deployment technology and processes
- Collaborate and communicate with internal resources to ensure effective releases
- Resolve issues within release and configuration management
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related subject or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps, 5+ years overall development experience
- A thought leader within the engineering team regarding deployment and related pipeline activities
- Programming experience in PowerShell or similar scripting language. Nice to have some Linux and bash experience
- 2 years' minimum hands-on experience with Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems (Jenkins, VSTS, GoCD)
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and time
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to be clear and concise with all areas of the company.
Sound like you? Don’t be shy. Reach out and let’s start a conversation.